Again, I almost reached my weigh-in target so I feel like I’m doing well there.
But I didn’t make the time to practice writing the Hiragana and Katakana characters. And I have only learned about 50 new Kanji, nowhere near my target of 400.
Also, my Japanese vocabulary is growing but I wouldn’t pretend for a moment it has increased by 100 words. Not even half that.
I still have a backlog of photographs to process although I’m probably shooting twice a week which is OK.
My focus has been totally on exercise which has meant blogging has been sporadic.
I’m proud to say my Skype efforts have remained almost daily.
This combination of success and failure has taught me two valuable lessons:
1. Do not overcommit by having too many goals.
They need to be realistic and achievable. Otherwise I’m just setting myself up to fail.
2. Once my goals for the month are set, I need to generate a plan of action.
To detail in my calendar when I’m going to run, study, photograph, blog and Skype. It may be that after doing this I see there’s too much given the limited time available.
OK. So, with this in mind, I’m going to create new goals for August. Wish me luck:
1. weigh-in at 70kg
2. learn 50 new words of Japanese vocabulary
3. learn to read another 100 Japanese Kanji characters
4. photograph and process images twice a week
5. update all three blogs twice a week
10. Skype the family daily whilst I’m overseas
Plenty to do but not quite so onerous.
Kim | 71.6